This is one of the popular sandwiches at the burger place in Japan. The soy souce and the ginger flavor go really well with the cabbage and soft burger bun. Try this out and I am sure you will love it!
Chicken Tatsuta Sandwich (Japanese Crispy Chicken Sandwich)
· 4 to 8 slices of Tatsuta-Age (Recipe: Tatsuta-Age (Deep Fried Chicken))
· 4 hamburger buns, preferably egg rolls
· 2 cups of cabbage, cut into thin strips
· some mayonnaise
· some butter
1. Deep-fry the chicken Tatsuta. It is better to cut the chicken thighs at a 45 degree angle so that a piece could be bigger than bite size in order to adjust to the size of the bun. Follow the recipe for Tatsuta-Age (Deep Fried Chicken).
2. Cut the cabbage into thin strips.
3. Rinse the cabbage in cold running water and strain well.
4. Slice the buns in half and warm them up in a toaster oven. Spread butter on the buns.
5. These are the soft and slightly sweet buns, which I prefer to use.
6. On the bottom half of the bun, put the adequate amount of cabbage strips.
7. Put the fried chicken Tatsuta then pour mayonnaise over it and put on the top half of the bun. Serve.