This is a free style sushi called “chirashi-zushi” or “maze-zushi” in Japanese. I added Unagi (eel) and avocado. The taste is just like caterpillar roll. Very yummy and rich! Please check out the link, Here it is! Maki Roll Sushi Recipe! on how to make sushi rice. It’ll be a great recipe for gatherings!
An Amazing Combination! Unagi and Avocado Free Style Sushi
· 3 cups of cooked sushi rice (recipe: Here it is! Maki Roll Sushi Recipe!)
· some ginger
· 1 to 2 tablespoons of roasted sesame
· 2 packs of Unagi (eel)
· 1 to 2 avocado
· 10 Shiso leaves
· 4 eggs
· some salt
· some Japanese sake
· optional: radish sprouts
1. Finely chop ginger. Mix the ginger and roasted sesame together with sushi rice.
2. Beat the eggs and add a little bit of salt and Japanese sake. Make thin omelets. Cut the omelets into thin strips.
3. Remove the skin and pit from the avocado. Cut the avocado into bite sized pieces.
4. Cut the Unagi (eel) lengthwise in half, then cut into half an inch pieces widthwise.
5. On top of sushi rice, layer half of the omelet strips first, then avocado, Unagi(eel) and the remaining omelet strips.
6. Cut Shiso leaves and decorate on top.
7. Serve as is, pour some soy sauce, or use seaweed to wrap like sushi.