Do you have left over mashed potatoes from the holidays? Try making these croquettes with them. Adding bacon and cheese will melt your mouth. These are yummy appetizers for your family and guests!
Croquettes using Mashed Potatoes
· 3cups (720cc) of mashed potatoes
· 5 pieces of bacon
· ½cup of cheddar cheese
· 3 scallions
· some all-purpose flour
· some egg
· some breadcrumbs
· some frying oil
1. Chop the bacon into small pieces and cook them until they are nice a crispy. Place the cooked bacon on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
2. In a bowl, mix mashed potatoes, cooked bacon, scallion and cheddar cheese.
3. Shape the mixture from 2) into a golf ball size.
4. Beat the egg. Coat each ball in order of flour, egg, and breadcrumbs.
5. Heat up frying oil in a pan and fry your balls until it crisps. Try to fry it over high heat quickly. Remove croquette from oil if cheese starts to come out.
6. Serve hot.