With the Holidays coming I am sure that a lot of people are thinking about roast beef. If you are up for something new, then try adding this Japanese influenced sauce to your table. This sauce will be a hit for those that consider themselves soy sauce lovers. I usually make this sauce with my roast beef for Japanese celebration parties, and it is always a popular dish that goes very quickly. This sauce keeps well and can be served cold at room temperature so it goes great with roast beef leftovers the next day.
Scallion and Ginger Sauce for Roast Beef
(Serves 6 to 8)
· 4 to 5 stalks’ worth of scallions (white part)
· 2 tablespoons of minced ginger
· 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
· 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
· 2 tablespoon of Japanese sake
1. Mince scallions and ginger.
2. Put all ingredients in a bowl, and mix well.
3. Serve the sauce with your roast beef.