Here is a festive matcha cake parfait, isn’t the color beautiful? The bright green color with fresh berries makes a perfect spring or summer dessert. The recipe is quite simple, you bake an easy matcha sponge cake, and then assemble the ingredients. This is my kind of dessert, the taste is great and it looks fabulous. If you are a matcha lover like me, this is sure to be one of your favorite matcha desserts!
Matcha Cake Parfait
· 3 eggs
· ⅓ cup (80ml) of granulated sugar
· ½cup (120ml) of cake flour
· 1 tablespoon of matcha powder
· 2 tablespoons of milk
· 1 tablespoon of melted unsalted butter
· 1 to 2 cups of sweetened whipped cream
· your favorite berries: strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries
· rum syrup (¼cup of water and ¼cup of sugar, heat the ingredients until the sugar is fully dissolved then remove from the heat. Add 1 tablespoon of white rum to the hot mixture.)
1. Preheat oven to 390F.
2. Line 8x8 baking pan (brownie pan) with parchment paper.
3. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in a large bowl until they are thick and heavy.
4. Sift matcha powder and cake flour into the egg batter, and use a spatula to fold quickly together until no dry flour remains on the surface (do not over mix).
5. Add milk and melted butter into the batter mix then fold them until smooth (don’t over mix).
6. Pour the batter mix into the baking pan, and smooth out the surface. To compress the mixture lift then drop the pan flat onto the counter top from about 5 inches high to help remove the extra air from the batter.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until the toothpick test shows your cake is done. (Insert a wooden toothpick near the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.)
8. Remove the cake from the oven, and again raise then drop backing pan from the height of 5 inches above the counter top. Remove the cake from the pan and cool it down on the rack. Cut the cake into 8 pieces. Wash and cut berries to your desired size, prepare sweetened whipped cream and rum syrup.
9. In your favorite glass or serving bowl, put half of a piece of cake on the bottom then glaze the cake with the rum syrup. Next add some berries and cover with whipped cream. Repeat for a multi-layered parfait. Lightly cover the filled serving bowl with a sheet of cling wrap, and let it rest in the fridge for some time (from 1 hour to overnight).
10. Garnish with matcha powder on the top and serve.