If you are a baked cheesecake or matcha lover, then I have a treat for you. This baked matcha cheesecake is very simple to make but truly delicious. You basically just mix all the ingredients and bake. With the added matcha tea powder it becomes a perfect blend of Japanese and western dessert. The bitterness of matcha tea flavor gives a sophisticated finish. If you like a sweeter and bolder taste, then serve with blueberry sauce and whipped cream. Recipe for blueberry sauce is included below.
Matcha Baked Cheesecake
· 9 inch spring form pan (lined with parchment paper to make it easier to remove)
· 2 packages of room temperature cream cheese
· 120cc of granulated sugar
· ½ of a lemon, juiced
· 2 eggs
· 3 tablespoons of flour (preferably cake flour)
· 1 tablespoon of matcha powder
· 120cc of heavy cream
· 100g of graham crackers
· 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 ℉.
2. Put graham cracker in a plastic Ziploc bag and crush the crackers using a rolling pin.
3. Add melted butter into the bag and mix well.
4. In a spring form pan, spread the graham cracker crusts evenly across the bottom of the pan and press it firm.
5. With a hand mixer, whip room temperature cream cheese until smooth.
6. Add sugar, lemon juice, and egg. Mix well.
7. Sift flour and matcha powder into the cream cheese mixture. Mix well.
8. Pour the matcha cream cheese mixture into the cake pan lined with graham crackers, then bake for about 50 minutes.
9. Remove the cake from the oven, and drop the baking pan from about 5 inches above the counter top. Then cool it down and remove from the spring form pan. Slice and serve with blueberry sauce and sweetened whipped cream if you like.
· 100g of blueberries
· 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
· 1 slice of lemon
1. In a saucepan, mix blueberries and brown sugar.
2. Add a slice of lemon and turn on the heat.
3. Once the mixture start to boil, turn down the heat and cook until it thickens a bit.
*You can use fresh or frozen blueberries.
*You can use this blueberry sauce for Yogurt Pancakes, waffles, toast or any other desserts you like.