There is still time to enjoy the sweetness of corn before the end of corn season.
The combination of sweet corn and lightly salted rice is delightful.
Last Minute Harvest – Corn Rice
· 3 cups of short grain rice (1 rice cup=180cc)
· 1 fresh cob of corn (if small, 2 cobs)
· 2 teaspoons of sea salt
· 1 tablespoon of Japanese sake
1. Rinse the rice in a bowl a few times with cold water and drain well in a colander.
2. Place the rice and 3 rice cups of water into a rice cooker. Add sea salt and sake. Stir once.
3. Slice the corn kernels off the cob. Place both the corn kernels and the cob in the rice cooker. Cook the rice.
4. Take the cob out from the rice cooker and dispose. Mix the rice and the corn well. Serve.