Who doesn't love potatoes? Some of my favorite things are made from potatoes like French fries, mashed potatoes, shepherd’s pie, croquets, potato salad, roasted potatoes, simmered potatoes with meat (Japanese dish)…yum.
A dish to add to my list is this German-style potato salad. What really makes this particular dish stand out is that the potatoes are paired with another of my favorite foods, hard boiled eggs. This dish is a double treat! For this dish I use a special seasoning from Japan called Magic Salt, by S&B Foods. If you can't find Magic Salt by S&B Foods then you can substitute any "spiced" or "herbed" salt mix.The recipe is very easy and you won’t regret trying it. It works as a great side dish or an appetizer.
• 4 to 5 Potatoes• ½ to 1 Onion
• 1 Tuna can
• 4 to 5 Hard-boiled eggs
• Spiced or Herbed salt mix to taste
• 1 to 2 teaspoons of salt, for cooking potatoes
• Olive oil (healthy frying oil), for cooking onions
1. Cut potatoes into bite size pieces and cook them in a deep pot with boiled water and salt. Use a toothpick to check if the potatoes are fully cooked.
2. Slice the onions into thin slices and fry them with olive oil (healthy frying oil) in a pan.
4. When the onions start to turn transparent, add the potatoes. Make sure to pat out any extra moisture from the potatoes before cooking them.
5. Season with the Magic Salt according to your taste.
*You can change the amount of potatoes or onions depending on your taste.
★If you are interested in Japanese cuisine then check out my other articles in the Washoku.Guide!