There are many delicious omelets to choose from but I think the most well-known is the Western omelet. It is a classic with ham, peppers and onion- pretty basic but quite tasty. The traditional version does not have cheese in it, however, we always add cheese to ours.
• 8 Eggs (2 eggs per person)
• 8 Tablespoons of heavy cream, or milk
• ½ teaspoon of salt (1/8 teaspoon for one person)
• 2 Tablespoons of cheddar cheese
Vegetables and Others
• 5-6 Slices of ham
• ½ Onion
• 1-2 Bell peppers
• Salt and pepper
• 3-4 Tablespoons of butter
1. Cut all the vegetables and ham into 1cm cubes.
2. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter and fry the onions. Add the peppers and continue to fry.
3. Then, add the ham and cook until the onions are completely soft. Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
4. Take out the cooked ingredients from the pan.
5. Crack 2 eggs into a bowl, and mix well with salt and heavy cream. Add cheese.
6. Reheat the skillet and melt ½ tablespoon of butter. Pour in the egg mixture and heat over medium heat. Evenly distribute the egg mixture on the bottom of the pan, stirring it a little to keep the eggs fluffy.
7. When the eggs are about half cooked, add ¼ portion of the cooked ingredients and place it horizontally in the middle of the omelet. Fold the egg in from the top and from the bottom and wrap the ingredients in.
8. Gently transfer the omelet from the pan to a plate and serve!
*serve with toast!
*adjust the ingredients according to your taste.