Here is a nice and easy no cooking recipe for tofu lovers. Miso marinated tofu makes a great snack, appetizer or company for your Sake. You just need to mix the miso paste with Mirin (Japanese sweet wine) and marinade your tofu. If you use extra firm tofu, you won’t need to spend extra time removing the excess water from the tofu.
Miso Marinated Tofu
· ½ cup of Miso (120ml)
· 3 tablespoons of Mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
· 1 package of extra firm tofu
1. Drain the water from the tofu. Wrap the tofu with paper towel and leave in the strainer with some compression weight for 5 to 10 minutes to help squeeze out extra water.
2. In a bowl, mix miso and Mirin well.
3. In a container, spread 1/3 of miso mixture on the bottom and lay the drained and cut tofu on top of the miso mixture.
4. Spread the rest of the miso mixture over the tofu.
5. Leave the tofu to marinate over night. Remove/wipe off the excess miso mixture and serve the tofu in bite sized pieces.
*The tofu will be ready in few hours if cut into smaller cubes.
*It will get salty after 2 to 3 days of marinating. Personally, the second day is the best to eat.