Nametake is one of the comfort food in Japan. My whole family loves to eat this simply on rice. This homemade Nametake is so easy to make and preservative free!
Marinated Enoki Mushrooms, Nametake
· 2 packs (400g) of Enoki mushrooms
· 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
· 4 tablespoons of Japanese sake
· 4 tablespoons of Mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
1. Cut the root ends off the Enoki mushrooms and dispose. Cut the mushrooms in about an inch pieces.
2. Put all the ingredients in a pot or a saucepan and simmer over medium heat.
3. Stir occasionally to avoid burn and continue to simmer until the sauce thickens and the liquid amount reduces.
4. Store inside a clean container and keep it in the fridge. It tastes better and mild when you let it sit for a while. Consume within 10 days.
★If you are interested in Japanese cuisine then check out my other articles in the Washoku.Guide!