I introduced Littleneck Clams in White Wine few years ago. Try Spaghetti Vongole with these clams. It’s delicious!
Spaghetti Vongole with Littleneck Clams
· 30 littleneck clams
· 1 cup (240cc) of white wine
· 1 box (454g) of spaghetti
· 2 cloves of garlic
· some finely chopped Italian parsley
· some olive oil
· some salt
1. Rinse littleneck clams very well and soak in lightly salted water to remove the sand and grits inside.
2. Boil the spaghetti “Al Dente” in a large pot. Salt the water to add flavor.
3. While the spaghetti is cooking, heat up the olive oil and smashed (or minced) garlic in a saucepan.
4. Once you smell the garlic, add the clams and stir couple times. Add white wine and place a lid on top.
5. Once the clamshells open, add the cooked spaghetti and mix quickly.
6. Add parsley. Add some salt if necessary.