Here is a beautiful summer side dish for your table. Serve them cold for a refreshing taste! These juicy cocktail tomatoes are larger than the grape tomatoes but feel free to use any small tomatoes.
Summer Tomato, Boiled and Dipped in Sauce
· 1 cup of Dashi broth
· 1 tablespoon of light color soy sauce
· 1 tablespoon of Mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
· a pinch of salt
· 13 to 15 cocktail tomatoes
1. Combine Dashi broth, soy sauce, Mirin, and salt in a bowl.
2. Slice a shallow line on each tomato. Boil some water and drop the tomatoes into the boiling water for about 10 seconds. Put them into a bowl of ice water and peal off the skin.
3. Put the tomatoes in the sauce and chill them in the fridge before serving.
★If you are interested in Japanese cuisine then check out my other articles in the Washoku.Guide!