Blackcurrant is known to prevent eye disease and muscle fatigue. It also strengthens arteries and prevents aging. You can enjoy this syrup in many different ways. Simply drink by mixing with water or sparling water, make “Kir Royale” cocktail by adding sparling wine, or even pour it directly over your ice cream!
Syrup of Cassis (Blackcurrant Syrup)
· 400g of blackcurrants
· 250g (1&¼ cup) of granulated sugar
· 1 cup (240cc) of water
· 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1. Wash the blackcurrants and place all ingredients in a saucepan. Simmer until the blackcurrants are soft and mushy.
2. Mash the blackcurrant using a potato masher.
3. Use a strainer to strain.
4. Place the syrup in a clean container. Once it cools down, put it in the fridge.
5. Put some ice in a cup, pour the syrup, and add some sparkling water or sparkling wine.
★If you are interested in Japanese cuisine then check out my other articles in the Washoku.Guide!