This is my delicious orange ricotta pancake recipe. Very moist, creamy and fluffy that it will melt in your mouth. I also have 3 other pancake recipes. You will have several pancake options for your mornings!
Orange Ricotta Pancakes
· orange peel from 1 whole orange (preferably pesticide-free)
· 200cc of orange juice
· 200cc of ricotta cheese
· 1 cup (200cc) of all-purpose flour
· 2 eggs (separate egg yolk and egg white)
· ⅛ teaspoon of salt
· 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
· 2 tablespoons of melted butter
· 2 teaspoon of baking powder
· 1 teaspoon of baking soda
· butter for cooking
· optional: powdered sugar, maple syrup
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk well.
2. Zest the orange and mix the orange peel with 1).
3. In a separate bowl, mix the orange juice and egg yolk together. Add ricotta cheese and continue to mix. Combine everything into the powdered ingredient mixture from 2).
4. In another separate bowl, beat the egg white until stiff.
5. Add the egg white to 3) and mix. Add melted butter and continue to mix.
6. Heat up the buttered pan and use a ladle to pour a serving of the pancake. Keep the heat low to medium.
7. When bubbles start to appear on surface, flip it over and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. You could keep the pancakes in the oven at around 180 °F to keep them warm while the rest is still cooking. Don't leave them in the oven for too long or else they will dry up!
8. Serve with powdered sugar and/or maple syrup.
★If you are interested in Japanese cuisine then check out my other articles in the Washoku.Guide!