A classic tapas menu will be this simply delicious Spanish omelet. This recipe will come in handy weather you are serving breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Try this recipe even for potlucks!
(using a 9 inch pan)
· 2 mid sized potatoes
· 1 mid sized onion
· 5 eggs
· 3-5 pieces of ham
· ½ to 1 red pepper
· ½ to ¾ teaspoon of salt
· 3 to 5 tablespoons of olive oil
· salt and pepper for seasoning the potatoes
1. Thinly slice the potatoes and onions. Cut the red pepper and ham into ½ an inch cubes.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan over medium heat, sauté the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
3. Once the potatoes are cooked through, add onions and continue to sauté.
4. Add red pepper and ham, and continue to sauté.
5. Beat the eggs in a bowl, add ¾ teaspoon of salt. Combine 4) into the bowl and mix. Set the pan aside.
6. Add some olive oil in the pan if there is not enough. Pour 5) into the pan over medium heat. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes as you shake the pan back and forth.
7. Put a lid over the pan and continue to cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the inside is half-cooked.
8. Place a big plate over the pan and flip it over on the plate.
9. Add some olive oil in the pan if there is not enough. Place the uncooked side of the omelet downward and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
10. Once it’s completely cooked through place it on a cutting board or a plate. Let it cool down for a little. Cut the omelet and serve.