Try this fresh, colorful, and flavorful salad. I love to use heirloom tomatoes because of its sweetness. Adding corn is a MUST. I’ve tried without the corn but it’s so much tastier and flavorful with it.
BLT Corn Salad
· 4 tomatoes (I use heirloom tomatoes)
· few pieces of bacon (or as much as you like!)
· handful of arugula
· 3 or more pieces of bread (sourdough or any bread you like)
· 1 cob of corn
· 1 to 2 tablespoons of butter
· 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
· 2 tablespoons of olive oil
· 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
· one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
· a pinch of salt
· a pinch of pepper
1. Slice the tomatoes into round shape and lightly salt and pepper. Let it soak for 5 minutes.
3. In a large skillet, toast the bread pieces in butter. Add the corn halfway through and continue to cook. When the bread and corn are fully cooked, remove from the heat.
4. In a large bowl, assemble the corn, bread, and arugula. Season with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and black pepper.
5. Mix mayonnaise and lemon juice in a separate container. This will be served as dressing.
6. Top the salad with tomatoes and bacon.
7. Pour the dressing before serving.