There are many different ways to enjoy this peach compote besides eating it as is. You can turn it into a jelly, puree it and pour it into a cocktail, or make “fool”, an English dessert made by folding pureed fruits into a sweetened whipped cream.
· 7-8 peaches
· 250 g or 1 and ¼ cup granulated sugar
· 240cc or 1 cup white wine
· 120cc or 1/2cup water
· 1 whole vanilla bean
1. Peel the peaches by either using a peeler, or boil the peaches in water for few seconds until the skin splits.
2. Combine all the ingredients including the peaches in a deep pot and cover the surface with a cooking sheet. Cook over medium heat.
3. When the mixture starts to boil, turn the heat down to low, and continue cooking for 10 to 15 minutes. Cook until the peaches are soft and turn off the heat. If a toothpick goes easily into the peach it’s done.
4. Leave the pot with the lid on until the mixture cools down. Put it in the fridge.
5. Serve once it’s chilled!