Fall is here and apples are in season! It's the perfect time to enjoy this delicious apple turnover on a nice and cool day. Sometimes I make these the night before and reheat them in the toaster the next morning to serve for breakfast. It still taste just as great!
· 500g of apple (about 2 apples)
· 5-6 tablespoons of brown sugar
· 1 tablespoon of salted butter
· 1-2 slices of lemon
· 1 package of frozen pie sheet, defrost
· ground cinnamon
· little bit of beaten egg
· powdered sugar
1. Cut the apples vertically into 4. Take out the seeds and peal the skin. Cut the apples into half an inch pieces horizontally.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the apples, brown sugar, slices of lemon, salted butter and toss them together. Place a small lid directly on the food over medium heat.
3. Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the apples are tender. Once the apples are tender, remove from heat and let it cool down.
4. Preheat oven to 390F. Cut the pie sheet into 4 square pieces. Place 1/4 of the apple filling onto each pie sheet.
5. Sprinkle some ground cinnamon.
6. Fold the pie sheet into a triangle and press the edges with a fork to seal. Cut few slits with a sharp knife on each turnover. Brush some beaten egg on each turnover.
7. Bake for 20-25min until the turnovers are golden brown.
8. In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and a little bit of water. Pour it over the turnovers while it’s still hot.
9. Let it cool down on a cooling rack and serve!