I love using avocados on my salad because it adds an amazing richness and creaminess to it. And who doesn’t want an extra boost of nutrition! Enjoy this simple BLT salad with avocado, and drizzle my delicious homemade dressing.
BLT Avocado Salad
· 120g to 140g of salad mix (use your favorite leafy vegetables)
· 4-6 slices of bacon
· 5-6 fruit tomatoes
· 1 whole avocado
· 4 tablespoons of olive oil
· 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
· 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
· ½ to 1 teaspoon of cane sugar
· a pinch of salt
· a pinch of black pepper
1. Rinse the leafy vegetables carefully with cold water.
2. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add extra salt and sugar if necessary.
3. Cut bacon into 1 to 2cm pieces and cook throughly. Cut the avocado into 2 to 3cm cubes. Cut tomatoes into 4, or 8 pieces.
4. Add the dressing on the salad and gently toss until your greens are lightly coated.
5. Add tomatoes and avocados and gently toss.
6. Top the salad with bacon and serve on a plate. Add some bread on the side if you like!
I served the salad with fresh-squeezed ruby grapefruit juice. FYI...Over-squeezing leads to bitterness.