How does tuna melt sound for breakfast? Tuna melt is one of my husbands favorite. It’s very quick and easy. I personally love adding tomato slices on top because it harmonizes well with cheese. Top it with your favorite kind of cheese to make it extra delicious!
· 1 can or tuna (142g)
· 2 tablespoons of pickles, diced
· 2 tablespoons of onions, diced (yellow or purple onions)
· 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
· 4 slices of tomatoes
· 2 English muffins
· shredded mozzarella cheese (or any cheese you like)
· salt and pepper
1. Soak the diced onions in water for about 5 min and drain well.
2. Drain the oil/water from the tuna can. Place the tuna in a bowl and marinate with diced pickles, diced onions and mayonnaise.
3. Mix well and add salt and pepper as needed.
4. Slice the English muffins in half and toast lightly.
5. Divide the tuna mix into 4 portions and place it on top of each muffin.
6. Place the tomato slice on top.
7. Sprinkle cheese as much as you like.
8. Toast the tuna melts until the cheese melts.