“Puttanesca” pasta is famously named after the Italian “ladies of the night” who needed a quick and simple meal to eat. I love to use my homemade tomato sauce for this dish. This recipe is very simple and that's what makes it important to use fresh tomato sauce.
· 2-3 servings of Spaghetti
· 1 clove of garlic
· 1 red hot pepper
· 2-3 tablespoons of caper
· 4-5 black olives
· 1-2 slices of anchovies
· tomato sauce
· olive oil
1. Cook spaghetti following the instruction on the package.
2. Crush the garlic. Chop anchovies, olives and caper into small pieces.
3. Heat up a large pan and add olive oil, garlic, and red hot pepper.
4. Once you smell the garlic, add anchovies. Keep stirring until the anchovies are well distributed.
5. Add olives and caper, and continue to stir.
6. Add tomato sauce to the mix.
7. Add the cooked pasta and combine well with the sauce. Add salt if necessary.
8. Lightly drizzle some olive oil and serve immediately.
★If you are interested in Japanese cuisine then check out my other articles in the Washoku.Guide!