This is an easy-to-follow, healthy, and cozy cauliflower soup for the chilly mornings and nights. Feel free to adjust the thickness of soup by substituting the heavy cream with milk.
· ½ cauliflower head
· 200g or 1-2 potatoes
· ½ of an onion
· 1 clove of garlic
· 400cc of water
· 1 bouillon cube
· 100cc of heavy cream
· salt and pepper
· 1 bay leaf
· ½ tablespoon of butter
· ½ tablespoon of olive oil
1. Break the cauliflower into small florets. Thinly slice the onions and potatoes. Mince the garlic.
2. In a pot, heat up the olive oil and butter. Stir-fry the onion, minced garlic and thyme leaf in the pot.
3. Once the onions are translucent, add the sliced potatoes and cauliflower florets. Continue to stir-fry.
4. After the vegetables are well coated with oil, add water and bouillon cube.
5. Cook until the vegetables are soft, and turn off the heat.
6. Using a hand blender, juicer, or food processor, pulse/puree the soup until it’s smooth and creamy.
7. Add heavy cream and turn the heat back on. Season the soup with salt and pepper. Remove from heat right before it boils.
8. Serve with a loaf of bread on a soup bowl.