This is a combination of 3 delicious foods into one breakfast meal. The warm bacon dressing is very savory and flavorful.
Asparagus and Poached Egg with Bacon Dressing
· 15-20 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
· 6 pieces of slab bacon
· 2-3 tablespoons of shallot, minced
· 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
· 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
· 3-4 pouched eggs (recipe: How Make Poached Eggs)
· a pinch of salt
· a pinch of pepper
· some olive oil
1. Make poached eggs by following recipe instruction from How to Make Poached Eggs.
2. Preheat oven to 200C°or 390F°.
3. Wash the asparagus. Cut and discard the root of asparagus and place it on an oven pan with parchment paper. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle some olive oil over the asparagus.
4. Bake asparagus for 15min.
5. Cut bacon into ½ inch pieces. Cook bacon in a saucepan.
6. Once the oil comes out of the bacon, add shallot.
7. Once the shallot softens, remove excess oil from the pan. Add brown sugar and rice vinegar and continue to cook.
8. Place the asparagus on a plate and put the poached egg on top. Pour the bacon dressing over and serve.