My banana bread is actually more like banana cake. Instead of cream cheese or butter, sweetend whipped cream is the best to go with this!
Use your overripe bananas on the countertop to bake this loaf of banana cake bread. The aroma that comes from the oven is amazing!
I sometimes use a muffin pan so I can make banana cake maffins too!
Simple Banana Cake Bread
(Makes one loaf)
· 3 eggs
· 3 tablespoons of salted or unsalted butter, melted
· 100g of brown sugar
· 200g of all-purpose flour
· 1 tablespoon of baking powder
· 4 tablespoons of heavy cream
· 3 ripe bananas, peeled
1. Preheat the oven to 180C°or 350F°. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, cream together eggs and brown sugar until you can draw the number 8 when you lift up the mixer.
3. Sift flour and baking powder over the bowl.
4. Using a spatula, fold the ingredients.
5. Add heavy cream and melted butter and combine well.
6. Add bananas by break them in the bowl and mix quickly.
7. Pour the mixture In the loaf pan. Dent the center of the batter.
8. Bake the bread in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes. (20~25min for muffins). Stick a toothpick into the center of the bread. If your toothpick comes out clean, it’s done. If there is wet batter on the toothpick, bake longer.
9. Let the bread sit for 3 to 5 minutes before taking it out of the pan. Take out the bread from the pan and let it cool down on a cooling rack without removing the parchment paper.
10. Serve with whipped cream and coffee!
★If you are interested in Japanese cuisine then check out my other articles in the Washoku.Guide!