Keep yourself warm with this vegetable soymilk soup as the winter comes. It’s a soup that could be served all year round but adding some ginger will boost your body heat during winter.
Healthy Vegetable Soymilk Soup
· Half of a large carrot or 1 whole small carrot
· 1-2 celery stick
· 6cm of daikon radish
· plain sausages or bacon as much as you like (or 5-6 sausages if they are about 2-3inch)
· 1 tablespoon ginger (optional), minced
· 300cc of water
· 300cc of soymilk
· 1 bouillon cube
· a pinch of salt
· a pinch of pepper
· vegetable oil
1. Cut all the vegetables into half an inch cubes.
2. Cut the sausages into small, bite-sized pieces.
3. In a deep pot over medium heat, pour some oil and fry the sausages.
4. When the sausages are almost cooked through, add the vegetables and minced ginger and continue to stir-fry.
5. Continue to cook until the vegetables are evenly coated with oil.
6. Add water and bouillon cube. Bring the soup to boil with a lid on and cook the vegetables through. Once the soup comes to boil, reduce the heat to low.
7. Add soymilk but do not let it boil.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Remove the pot from heat and serve in a soup bowl.