Turn your leftover turkey and ingredients from Thanksgiving in this comforting pot pie. It’s a perfect dish for this holiday season.
Leftover Turkey Pot Pie
(serves 6-8 ppl)
-Turkey White Stew
· Leftover roasted turkey
· 1 tablespoon of butter
· 1 tablespoon of olive oil
· 1 onion
· 2 to 3 carrots (200g)
· 3 potatoes (500g)
· 50 to 100g of celery
· 4 to 5 mushrooms
· 1 cloves of garlic
· 700cc of chicken broth
· 1 to 2 bay leaf
· 100cc to 150cc of green peas
· 50cc of heavy cream
· a pinch of salt
· a pinch of pepper
· 3 tablespoons of butter
· 7 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
· 1 to 2 frozen pie sheet, defrosted
· a little bit of egg wash
1. Cut the onion, carrots and celery into ½-inch cubes. Potatoes are easy to break so cut them a little bigger than the other vegetables. Finely chop the garlic. Cut the mushrooms into ¼-inch thick slices. Shred the roasted turkey.
2. Heat up butter and olive oil in a saucepan. Add garlic and all the vegetables in the pan and stir-fry until the oil is well coated. Add roasted turkey and continue to stir-fry.
3. Add chicken broth and bay leaf. Put a lid on the pan and simmer until everything is cooked through.
4. While the stew is cooking, make the sauce. Melt the butter in a smaller saucepan. Add flour and cook for about 3min. Continuously stir to avoid burning the flour.
5. Add some soup from the stew in the sauce and mix using a whisk.
6. Once the sauce becomes liquidly, pour it over the stew.
7. Add heavy cream.
8. Add green peas and season with salt and pepper.
9. Pour the stew in an oven safe individual dish.
10. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190 ℃ lace the dough on the bato the ).
11. Roll out the pie sheet. Cut out the pie sheet into appropriate sizes (about an inch bigger than the dish).
12. Cut an “X” in the middle of the dough.
13. Brush some egg wash on the edge of the oven safe dish.
14. Place the individual dough on each dish and brush some egg wash over the pie sheet. (If you like to serve the pie later, saran wrap it at this point and keep them in the fridge.)
15. Place in the oven for 30min.
16. Once the pie turns golden brown and the stew starts to boil inside, it’s done. Serve while it’s hot.