I have another quiche recipe in addition to my Quiche Lorraine, and Fresh Spinach and Ricotta Cheese Quiche. I’ve tried this recipe with cheese before but my family loved this lighter version without the cheese. The color of smoked salmon is very appetitive. If you like to make your own quiche crust, follow my recipe on the Quiche Lorraine post (link:Quiche Lorraine) or simply use a frozen pie sheet from the store to save some time.
Smoked Salmon and Asparagus Quiche
· 100g of smoked salmon
· 150g of asparagus
· 3 eggs
· 80cc milk
· 100cc heavy cream
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· a pinch of pepper
· 2 tablespoons of fresh dill, minced
· quiche dough, homemade or frozen (Quiche Tart Recipe)
1. Bake the tart dough by following the instructions. (Homemade Quiche Tart Recipe)
2. Preheat oven to 180C°or 350F°.
3. Slice the smoked salmon into bite-size pieces. Cut and discard the root of asparagus and cut the rest into smaller pieces.
4. Evenly place the smoked salmon and the asparagus pieces on the baked tart crust. Top it off with fresh dill.
5. In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the tart crust.
6. Bake for about 25min.
7. Stick a toothpick into the center of the quiche. If your toothpick comes out clean, it’s done. If there is wet batter on the toothpick, bake longer. Once it’s baked, place the quiche on a cooling rack and let it cool down for over 15min before cutting. Then serve.