This creamy mushroom pie is mouth watering and delicious when served hot right out the oven. Why not serve for breakfast? Bake it the night before and reheat in the oven the next morning!
· 1 frozen pie sheet
· 150g of mushrooms
· ½ to 1 whole leek, or ½ of sweet onion
· 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme, chopped finely
· 1 tablespoon salted butter
· ¼ teaspoon of salt
· a pinch of black pepper
· 3 tablespoons of gruyere cheese
· 60cc of heavy cream
· A little bit of egg wash
1. Defrost the frozen pie sheet by following the instructions on the package.
2. Wash the leek well by removing dirt on the surface. Finely chop the white part of the leek.
3. Slice the mushrooms into 4 to 5mm slices.
4. Melt ½ tablespoons of butter into a pan and cook the leek until it slightly wilts down. Transfer the leek from the pan to a container or a steel tray.
5. In the same pan, add the remaining butter and fry the mushroom slices.
6. After the mushrooms are cooked, put the leek back in the pan, and add heavy cream, cheese and thyme.
7. Season with salt and pepper. When the mixture starts to thicken, remove from heat and divide into four equal parts. Let it cool down.
8. Preheat the oven to 200C°or 390F°.
9. Cut the pie sheet into four (roll out the dough if necessary). Put single portion of the filling onto a piece of pie sheet.
10. Fold the pie sheet to make a triangle shape. Roll up the sides of the triangles to seal the pockets. Poke some holes on the surface with a fork.
11. Position the pie pockets on an oven sheet and lightly brush the surface with egg wash.
12. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the pie turns golden brown.
13. Serve while it’s hot!
★If you are interested in Japanese cuisine then check out my other articles in the Washoku.Guide!