In addition to the Old Fashioned Pancakes and The Classic Buttermilk Pancakes is my delicious yogurt pancake recipe. Adding yogurt makes these pancakes very moist inside and it adds just the right amount of tanginess to it. Try it out for your breakfast!
· 1 cup (200cc) of all-purpose flour
· 1 tablespoon of baking powder
· 1 tablespoon of sugar
· ⅛ teaspoon of salt
· ½ cup of milk (100cc)
· ½ cup of plain yogurt (100cc)
· 1 egg
· 2 tablespoons of melted butter
· butter for cooking
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk well.
2. In a separate bowl, combine milk, yogurt, and egg. Mix well.
3. Combine 2) to 1). Lightly whisk the batter. Leaving some lumps of flour is ok. Over mixing will result in chewy and tough pancakes.
4. Add melted butter and lightly mix.
5. Use a ladle to pour a serving of the pancake mix into the buttered pan. Keep the heat low to medium.
6. When bubbles start to appear on surface, flip it over and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. You could keep the pancakes in the oven at around 180 °F to keep them warm while the rest is still cooking. Don't leave them in the oven for too long or else they will dry up!
7. Serve with butter, whipped cream, and/or maple syrup.
★If you are interested in Japanese cuisine then check out my other articles in the Washoku.Guide!