This is an easy and delicious Japanese dish. Prepare some rice because it goes perfectly well with it.
Daikon Radish and Pork Belly Stew
· 1 and ½ lbs of Daikon radish (about half of a medium-sized radish)
· ½ pound of thinly sliced pork belly
· 1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced
· 200ml (7oz) of dashi broth
· 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
· 3 tablespoons of Japanese Sake
· 3 tablespoons of mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
1. Slice the Daikon radish into a quarter inch thin. Cut the sliced Daikon into 4 pieces (Cutting into quarter slices prevents the radish from falling apart while cooking).
2. Cut the pork belly into 1 inch pieces.
3. Pour the dashi, soy sauce, sake, and mirin in a pot. Add the Daikon.
4. Place the pork belly and garlic on the daikon. Place a parchment paper “lid” directly onto the food and cook over medium heat.
5. Stew until the daikon turns transparent.
6. Let the mix sit with the “lid” on until the daikon soaks in the flavor. Serve.
★If you are interested in Japanese cuisine then check out my other articles in the Washoku.Guide!