Easy sandwich using my base Teriyaki Chicken recipe:Terrific Teriyaki Chicken. This makes a great breakfast, lunch or snack. Prepare a large batch of Teriyaki Chicken ahead of time, and use it for sandwiches during the week. I like making cooked chicken based sandwiches for the kids lunch box. I use pita pocket because it helps avoid the chicken and sauce from dropping out the open end of the sandwich. I recommend adding some Japanese mayo. It's very yummy.
Teriyaki Chicken Pita Pocket Sandwich
· Teriyaki Chicken (Recipe: Terrific Teriyaki Chicken)
· 1 Pita bread
· some salad mix or lettuce
· some sliced red onion
· 1 or 2 slices of tomato
· Japanese mayo
1. Make Teriyaki chicken. Follow recipe from Terrific Teriyaki Chicken.
2. Cut the pita pocket in half and warm it up in the oven or toaster. (1 to 2 minutes under the broiler.)
3. Soak the red onion slices in water for about 5 minutes then drain well and pat dry.
4. Add tomato slices, salad mix (lettuce), red onion slices, and teriyaki chicken in the pita pocket.
5. Top with mayo if you like.