Delicious Japanese style pizza is a big hit! This wonderfully tasty fusion pizza is very popular in Japan. In Japan I would add thin sliced Negi (Japanese scallion) instead of leeks, but it is difficult to get. The leeks actually enhance the flavor of this pizza. I now like to use leeks more than Negi.
If you prefer, you can sprinkle some frozen corn across the pizza instead of leeks. Corn on pizza is quite common in Japan and kids love it.
Cheese on the top keeps it moist and juicy. Prebaked pizza crust is east to work with but you can use pizza dough by cooking a little longer.
Teriyaki Chicken Pizza
· 1 lb of Teriyaki chicken (Recipe: Terrific Teriyaki Chicken)
· 1 of 12 inch pizza crust, prebaked
· ½ to ¾ cup of leek (cut into rectangles)
· optional: ½ to ¾ cup of corn
· 3 to 4 tablespoons of Japanese mayonnaise
· 1 and a ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
· toasted seaweed/Nori (cut into strips)
1. Make Teriyaki chicken. Follow recipe from Terrific Teriyaki Chicken.
4. Preheat oven to 400°F. Put the pizza crust on a baking sheet and spread the Japanese mayonnaise over it.