Eggs en cocotte are individual baked eggs originated from France. I’ve added spinach and my favorite prosciutto to this recipe. Feel free to arrange your own eggs en cocotte with different ingredients.
Eggs en Cocotte with Spinach and Prosciutto
· 2 eggs
· some spinach
· ½ to 1 prosciutto
· 1 teaspoon of parmesan cheese
· 1 teaspoon of milk or heavy cream
· some pepper
1. Boil the spinach, drain the water, press out excess liquid, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F (180℃).
3. Place the spinach in cocotte.
4. Cut prosciutto in bite-sized pieces and place it in the cocotte.
5. Crack eggs in a separate bowl to avoid eggshells going in.
6. Pour the eggs in the cocotte.
7. Add milk or heavy cream.
8. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and pepper. Place the cocotte in the oven for 15 min. Keep an eye to avoid the eggs overcooking and adjust the baking time if necessary.
9. Place a small plate under the cocotte to avoid finger burns.
10. Break the egg yolk and eat it together with the ingredients below.
11. You can enjoy this recipe by substituting or adding other ingredients. (Ex: bacon/herbs/other vegetables)
★If you are interested in Japanese cuisine then check out my other articles in the Washoku.Guide!