What a better way to top off your home-cooked Valentine’s Day dinner than with a chocolate dessert. Use Japanese chocolate to give this chocolate dessert a Japanese twist. Japanese chocolate is a little less sweet than most chocolate but deeply flavorful. It will make your chocolate dessert special. For the younger part of the family you can skip the orange liqueur. I also use Pasteurized eggs for this recipe.
Happy Valentine’s Day Chocolate Mousse
· 130g to 150g of milk or dark chocolate bar
· 2 Pasteurized eggs
· 100cc of heavy cream
· 1 teaspoon of orange zest
· 1 tablespoon of Grand Mariner or Cointreau
· optional: 1 tablespoon of pistachios
1. Cut the chocolate into small pieces and put them into a bowl. Add orange zest and liquor.
2. Mel the chocolate by floating the chocolate bowl over another bowl of hot water. You can also microwave on a low power in short durations.
3. Remove the bowl from the hot water and let it cool slightly after the chocolate is all melted. Add the egg yolks and mix well.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate and fold well.
5. Whip the heavy cream and fold into the mixture.
6. Pour the mousse into the serving glasses and chill for 2 to 3 hours.
7. Garnish with chopped pistachios, if you like, and serve.