A hot breakfast is always a good idea for warm winter days. I use rolled oats because it cooks faster. These are delicious!
Oatmeal Raisin Porridge
· ½ cup of rolled oats
· 1 cup of water
· a pinch of salt
· 3 tablespoons of raisin
· optional: brown sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup, honey
1. Cook the oatmeal by following the instructions on the package.
2. Pour water in a saucepan, add salt, and turn on the heat. Bring water to a boil, add rolled oats and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until it’s soft and tender.
3. Once the liquid reduces and the oats are soft and tender, turn off the heat. Add raisin and stir few times.
4. Place the oatmeal porridge in a serving bowl, add some brown sugar and/or cinnamon and mix well. Pour over some maple syrup or honey for a sweeter taste.
★If you are interested in Japanese cuisine then check out my other articles in the Washoku.Guide!