Use your favorite cheese for this yummy breakfast danish. The Sharpness and tanginess of mustard holds everything together.
Also try my Cream Cheese Danish.
Ham and Cheese Danish
· 1 frozen pie sheet, defrosted
· 4 to 8 slices of ham
· 4 slices of gruyere cheese or any cheese
· 2 teaspoons of dijon mustard (½ teaspoon x4)
· mayonnaise (½ teaspoon x4)
· 1 egg wash
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200 ℃).
2. Cut the pie sheet into 4.
3. Spread mustard on 4 pie sheets.
4. Spread mayonnaise on 4 pie sheets.
5. Place ham and cheese on the pie sheets. (The picture is Swiss cheese.)
6. Brush some egg wash on 4 sides of the pie sheet. Fold in half and press the edges with a fork to seal.
7. Cut few slits with a sharp knife and brush some egg wash on top.
8. Bake for 20 minutes until the Danish turns golden brown.
9. Let it cool on a rack. Serve.
★If you are interested in Japanese cuisine then check out my other articles in the Washoku.Guide!